It's that time of year again! The kids are out of school for summer break and that means it's time to get creative with snacks. Here are 10 easy, healthy, and delicious snacks that the whole family will love. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the summer!
1. Frozen Grapes- Wash and dry a bunch of grapes. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and put them in the freezer. Once they're frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. Enjoy as is or use them to make a healthy smoothie or slushie!
2. Ants on a Log- This classic snack is always a hit! Simply spread peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter) on celery sticks and top with raisins or other dried fruit.
3. Homemade Popsicles- Puree your favorite fruits and veggies with a little water or juice in a blender. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds (you can find these at most grocery stores) and freeze for several hours until solid. Store in the freezer for a refreshing treat anytime!
4. Veggie Chips- Slice up some of your favorite veggies (carrots, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, etc.) thinly with a mandoline or sharp knife. Spread them out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 200 degrees for about 2 hours or until crispy. Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Serve with your favorite dip or enjoy as is!
5. Fruit Kebabs- Cut up some of your favorite fruits into bite-sized pieces. Thread them onto skewers (wooden or metal) and enjoy as is or serve with yogurt dip or honey for dipping.
6. Homemade Trail Mix- Combine your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruit, cereal, pretzels, etc., in a bowl or zipper baggie. Store in the pantry for an easy snack that you can grab and go!
7. No-Bake Energy Bites- In a food processor, combine 1 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup nut butter, 1/4 cup honey, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional). Pulse until well combined then roll into balls (about 1 tbsp each). Store in the fridge for an easy snack that will give you a little boost when you need it!
8. Popcorn- Pop popcorn the old fashioned way on the stovetop or in an air popper for a healthy snack that's low in calories but high in flavor! Add melted chocolate and sprinkles for an extra special treat or keep it simple with just salt and pepper.
9 .Yogurt Parfait- In a Mason jar or other glass container layers yogurt ( Greek yogurt is extra delicious), fresh berries ,and granola . Top it off with a spoonful of honey then screw on the lid and take it to go!
10 .Cucumber Boats -Halve cucumbers lengthwise then scoop out the seeds using a spoon or melon baller . Fill cucumbers with your favorite tuna salad, chicken salad,or veggie dip then garnish with chopped fresh herbs , diced avocado ,or shredded cheese . Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge until ready to eat!
With these 10 easy snacks , parents can rest assured that their kids are getting something tasty AND nutritious this summer. So enjoy these snacks responsibly and have fun!